i think i accidentally invented the salad of our dreams. close your eyes and image this. raw crunchy kale, soft roasted butternut squash, the sweetness of an oven baked sweet potato, a big scoop creamy mashed avocado, chickpeas and vibrant fresh pomegranate seeds that pop in your mouth leaving an explosion of sweet and sour flavours. did you taste it? let’s put this dream of ours into existence and create this easy to make kale salad with me.
dark greens & bright flavours. this salad doesn’t require much prep time and is made with just a few simple ingredients.
it’s easy to customise this recipe to fit your taste.
get creative and make it your own.
this salad is all about simplicity and letting the abundance of flavour in each piece of food speak for itself. that’s why i used little to no seasoning. if you ever had sweet potato and butternut squash you’ll know that they taste grate just as earth created them.
every salad needs a creamy element. mash up a few ripe avocados to add plenty of plant-based fiber and healthy fats to this dish.
if you want to go crazy, add my creamy cashew sauce. this salad + mashed avocado + cashew sauce + your favourite human (or animal) to eat it with is all you need.
this is what dreams are made of.
if you try this recipe, let us know. tag @plantifulsoul and @lukaberends in your photo on instagram and hashtag it #plantifulsoulrecipes. we would love to see your beautiful creations.
also check out my intuitive eating course.
soft roasted butternut kale salad.
easy to make, colourful & healthy.
2 large sweet potatoes
1/2 butternut squash
1 can chickpeas
4 - 6 cups chopped kale
3 - 4 ripe avocado’s
2 pinch each salt and black pepper
1/2 lemon (juice)
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
2. cut the butternut squash in half and cut one half in small dices and transfer to a baking sheet.
3. dice the sweet potatoes and add them to the same baking sheet.
4. sprinkle some water (or oil) on it and put the plate into the oven for about 30-45 minutes. or until caramelised on the edges and when you press on the top of the potatoes they have a little give.
5. in the meantime, prepare the chickpeas by adding them to a pot over medium heat with boiling water. cook until done.
6. mash the avocado with the lemon juice and a pinch salt + pepper.
7. chop the kale and add to a serving plate or bowl.
8. take the butternut and sweet potato dices out of the oven and mix it with the kale, chickpeas and pomegranate seeds.
9. serve with some good spoons full of mashed avocado on top.